Whether you are a Christian seeking the serious preaching of God's Word and Reverent Worship or someone who is in earnest looking for answers, we believe that you have come to the right place to learn what God has to say in His Word, concerning Himself, ourselves and His Son the Lord Jesus Christ.
We are an Independent Reformed Baptist Church therefore we are not governed by a denomination or a body of Churches. We do however have fellowship with like minded Independent Reformed Churches.
We embrace the great Biblical Doctrines of the Protestant Reformation, sometimes referred to as the "Doctrines of Grace" and most fully expressed in the London Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689.
The Bible teaches that God's purpose for His Church is to glorify Him by promoting His acceptable worship and the preaching of the Gospel of God's Sovereign Grace. We believe in the supreme Authority of the Bible, the Word of God. It is to be the only rule of faith and practice for our lives.
We believe that our very existence and purpose as a Church is to be founded upon five distinct principles that are found in the Bible and these are:
1. To proclaim the Biblical doctrines of the faith and to proclaim that salvation is solely by the "grace of God alone" (Sola Gratia).
2. To proclaim that salvation that is brought about through "Faith Alone" (Sola Fide) and not by a mans' works.
3. To proclaim that salvation is in "The Lord Jesus Christ alone", (Solo Christo).
4. To proclaim that Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ comes from hearing and reading the "Scriptures alone" (Sola Scriptura).
5. To live our lives and exist before the world for the "Glory of God alone". (Sola Deo Gloria)
Above all, we hope that you will be encouraged as you read more about the Church, and use the good resources made available to you on this website.
We would be greatly encouraged by your visit and we hope that you will find Bennetts End Reformed Baptist Church a serious minded but warm Church committed to the Lord and His glory as is revealed through His Son the Lord Jesus Christ, who died and gave Himself for His people.
We extend a very warm welcome to all.
Pastor Chalan Hetherington (On behalf of all the Church Members)
Listen to our collection of online sermons /messages here
"Daily Rememberancer" A book of morning and evening devotional comments by a pastoral predecessor of C H Spurgeon. John Thackway in the foreword writes, `Preachers will find Smith's terse and orderly style enormously suggestive for sermon outlines . . . and all believers will be amazed at the fresh shafts of light that fall upon familiar themes.'
Are you interested in good Christian books? Then go to our introduction to good books page here